ESP32 (WT32-SC01) problems getting started

The errors are coming from

So it’s not related to LVGL or SLS. :frowning:

Hi,
I am kinda jumping in here with 2 Topics.

Is there a preference of touchscreen I should purchase? I see on the forum most people are using SPI, but I also found Parallel.

SPI

or makerfabsdotcom/ep32-c3-risc-v-spi-tft-touch.html ( limited to 2 links )

PARALLEL

makerfabsdotcom/esp32-s3-parallel-tft-with-touch-4-3-inch.html (limited to 2 links)

What I found in Squareline Studio build options ( However, This one does not come with a micro SD card slot) & ( It looks like it does not come with a touchscreen, it’s only the board)

ESP32-S3-LCD-EV-BOARD

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Espressif-Systems/ESP32-S3-LCD-EV-Board?qs=1Kr7Jg1SGW%252BS%252B6oaYQv7ig%3D%3D

If I select ESP32-S3-LCD-EV-BOARD when I am starting Squareline Studio, will it be compatible with the other boards above from the makerfabs website? It’s a little confusing selecting the ESP32-S3-LCD-EV-BOARD in Squareline but purchasing something different from MakerFabs, unless it really doesn’t matter? Plus the board from Mouser does not come with a touchscreen and the board alone is already $59.00

I want to buy this one, but is there much forum support for parallel or should I get the SPI one? I want a bigger screen, but the 7" might be complicated to experiment with because it’s Not in the Squareline Studio setup default like the other boards.

makerfabsdotcom/esp32-s3-parallel-tft-with-touch-4-3-inch.html (limit of 2 links)

Once I get my buttons set up in Squareline and export it to one of these boards, how do I get my GPIO pins to interact with the buttons I have created?

1 Like