Unexpected warning upgrading to V1.1.0

What do you want to achieve?

I was not expecting this warning !

What have you tried so far?

N/A

Screenshot or video

When I run the beta version which is indeed installed on my machine it asks if I want to upgrade making that error seem wrong !

Others

• SquareLine Studio version:

• Operating system:
    Windows 10 x64

• Target hardware:
    Raspberry Pi

It’s an unfortunate limitation of the Installer that it mixes the beta and normal version.

Just hit “Yes”, it will install v1.1 in a new folder without overwrite beta.

:+1:
Thanks - installed 1.1.0 :slight_smile:

Something is still not right :frowning:
If I hit the Windows key and type Square Line Studio and hit return, it launches SLS but then after I log in it asks me to upgrade again. This keeps happening !

Andy

Okay, I uninstalled all versions of SLS and installed 1.1.0 and it seems fine now.
The option to “Upgrade” is misleading as it does not seem to upgrade a previous installation.

Andy

Installing 1.1.0 for me results in a new install instead of upgrade previous version of 1.0.5. I would rather have an upgrade myself. You can see the icon is broken in my Apps & features list. The icon is okay in my start menu.

For us there is a “SquareLine Studio” (which is 1.0.5) and “SquareLine Studio v1.1.0”. It’s kind of misleading now but for v1.1 we decided to create separate installations for each versions to allow you easily switching back to an earlier version if needed.

However, we are still not sure this is the right strategy. What do you think?

It is always nice to be able to fall back to a previous version especially for such a young product.
However as a developer, I know the nightmare this can be to manage.

I don’t mind having to uninstall a previous version as it keeps my PC reasonably clean and tidy - the only issue would be if there was a particularly nasty bug but as long as you keep previous versions as easy to access downloads I don’t see this being a problem.

Just my €0.02 :slight_smile:

Andy

Okay, thanks, considering… :slight_smile: