Arduino IDE startWrite endWrite compile error

What do you want to achieve?

Trying to compile a Squareline Studio project on V2.1.1 arduino IDE to a “yellow ESP32 Display”

What have you tried so far?

I’ve tried following a few different tutorials online, but I am not able to get any of them to work. They all end up throwing the same error.

error: ‘class TFT_eSPI’ has no member named ‘startWrite’; did you mean ‘spiwrite’?

and

error: ‘class TFT_eSPI’ has no member named ‘endWrite’; did you mean ‘spiwrite’?

I am pointing to the correct libraries (Template project files) I made sure I had the same versions of LVGL and TFT_ESPI as what is listed in squareline studios. I also tried updating to the latest and it throws errors with those as well, but different ones. My TFT User_Setup is using the setup I used for previous non-lvgl screens and they work fine.

Screenshot or video

Others

• SquareLine Studio version: I think 1.3.4? Not sure, downloaded this morning.
  • Operating system: Windows
  • Target hardware: ESP32-2432S028

It’s strange enough that the compiler can’t see startWrite while it actually exists in TFT_eSPI.cpp and TFT_eSPI.h. It uses Arduino Core SDK SPI functions in the background btw. This TFT_eSPI driver-library was tried and works well with Arduino 1.8.19 and ILI9431 display-driver, not sure about the ‘yellow’ display, can’t see something like that in TFT User_Setup.h. Maybe you can get an explanation for this compilation behaviour in Arduino IDE forum, or LVGL forum if it’s somehow related to LVGL or the display-hardware or its driver-code. (E.g. mixing C++ and C code.)