Introducing the Makerfabs 3.5" Touch TFT Display BSP for Squareline Studio! 🚀

Hey Squareline Studio community,

I’m thrilled to share some fantastic news with all of you. After putting in a lot of hard work and dedication, I’m excited to announce that I’ve completed the Board Support Package (BSP) for the Makerfabs 3.5 inch touch TFT parallel display! This means that you can now seamlessly import and utilize this incredible hardware in Squareline Studio, our favorite drag-and-drop editor for LVGL.

GitHub Repository Link: hayschan/board_makerfabs_esp32_s3_parallel_tft_with_touch

Product Link: ESP32-S3 Parallel TFT with Touch 3.5’’ ILI9488 | Makerfabs

Disclaimer

I want to make it clear that while I’m excited to share the Board Support Package (BSP) for the Makerfabs 3.5" Touch TFT Parallel Display, I am not affiliated with Makerfabs in any official capacity. The BSP and the related information I’ve provided are based on my personal efforts and contributions, and I’m sharing them with the Squareline Studio community as a fellow enthusiast.

The BSP I’ve created is a result of my independent work and dedication, and I do not represent Makerfabs or have any official endorsement from them. I’m simply sharing my work with the community in the hopes that it will be useful to other Squareline Studio users who are interested in incorporating this hardware into their projects.

Features

Let’s dive into some of the exciting features and benefits of this BSP:

:star2: Features:

• LCD Driver: The display uses the powerful ILI9488 driver with 16-bit parallel communication lines. This allows for smooth and impressive display quality, making it even suitable for video playback.
  • LCD Resolution: Enjoy crisp visuals with a resolution of 320x480, ensuring a delightful user experience.
  • Breakout Connectors: The ESP32-S3 display comes with convenient breakout connectors, including I2C and IOs pins. You can easily connect your display to sensors and actuators, making it perfect for IoT applications.

But that’s not all! The Makerfabs 3.5" Touch TFT Display BSP also supports capacitive touch functionality using FT6236 Series ICs. These single-chip capacitive touch panel controller ICs include a built-in 16-bit enhanced Micro-controller unit (MCU), adding an extra layer of interactivity to your projects.

Whether you’re a seasoned developer or just starting out, this BSP opens up a world of possibilities for creating engaging and dynamic user interfaces. The combination of the Makerfabs hardware and Squareline Studio’s user-friendly environment is a match made in heaven.

So, what are you waiting for? Head over to the GitHub repository to access the BSP and start incorporating the Makerfabs 3.5" Touch TFT Display into your Squareline Studio projects.

Let’s continue to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation together. Happy coding and designing!

Best regards,
Hays Chan

2 Likes