SquareLine 1.3.2 does not display screens

Do any Macs have an M1 or M2 CPU?

Yes, they are all M1 or M2

Hi, same problem here: the centre editor si blank (well, the checkered canvas at least).
I’m using a Mac M2 device.
Any news ?

1 Like

Aha! Doing Get Info on the app, and then checking “Open using Rosetta” works!

It’s odd that previous versions did not need this.

Well, at least it works now.

1 Like

Hi, how do you fix it?

Ah sorry i didn’t see the whole answer.

same here after initial upgrade to 1.3.2
Apple M1, Ventura 13.5.1 (22G90)

after exit/start, SQS crashes on startup with or without Rosetta
erase/reinstall: does not even crash anymore - zero reaction
reboot does not help
stepping back to SQS 1.3.1: does not start anymore either

pardon my french: this sucks

• Michael

Using Rosetta seems to be the current workaround, works for me. Waiting for the general fix, thanks.

How could you possibly pass testing before releasing this? Seems silly to pay for a product that seems to be a hobby project…

3 Likes

We have tested on an Intel Mac so far. Now we have an M1 Mac as well, so there shouldn’t be issues like this in the future.

1 Like

can you share an ETA for a working Apple Silicon version?

three weeks DOA is a pretty long in my book for a paid version.

@kisvegabor can I kindly ask for an answer.

Our project is blocked, and we actually relied on this product - which might look as too optimistic in retrospect.

Any news on this issue? This happened to a project that I was working on after upgrading from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 on my M1 Pro MacBook Pro. Running in Rosetta mode didn’t change my outcome…

Also, I have tried exporting the project on a Windows 10 machine which leads to the same outcome.

Try play song about this > Money for nothing, chicks for free

But realy W10 work ok , what is your trouble on windows?

my recommendation is to revert to 1.3.1 and limp along until the web-based version comes out

I’m on a Apple M1 notebook, and could not start 1.3.2 nor could I revert to 1.3.1 and start that

to successfully revert, I had to remove various artefacts from the previous installation or Squareline Studio would not start at all

Obviously the newer installs leave artefacts lying around which interfere with stepping back. Suspecting this is the case, I did the following:

BigMac-833:Library mah$ find . -print |grep -i squareli
./Application Support/Code/User/workspaceStorage/a5dbe795e5d3aef56352dda8038edff3/ms-vscode.cpptools/lv_port_esp32_squareline_studio
./Application Support/Code/User/workspaceStorage/a5dbe795e5d3aef56352dda8038edff3/ms-vscode.cpptools/lv_port_esp32_squareline_studio/.browse.VC.db
./Application Support/CrashReporter/SquareLine_Studio_E5E9D816-ADF9-5FD3-9567-043E85109A62.plist
./Application Support/com.gerver.squarelinestudio
./Application Support/com.gerver.squarelinestudio/fdm.dat
./Saved Application State/com.gerver.squarelinestudio.savedState
./Saved Application State/com.gerver.squarelinestudio.savedState/windows.plist
./Saved Application State/com.gerver.squarelinestudio.savedState/data.data
./Saved Application State/com.gerver.squarelinestudio.savedState/restorecount.plist
./Preferences/com.gerver.squarelinestudio.plist
./Logs/SquareLine Kft_
./Logs/SquareLine Kft_/SquareLine_Studio
./Logs/SquareLine Kft_/SquareLine_Studio/Player.log
./Logs/SquareLine Kft_/SquareLine_Studio/Player-prev.log

and wipe every file.
Remove /Applications/SquareLine_Studio.app

Reinstall 1.3.1 which actually comes up.

ymmv

Michael

2 Likes

I found in my case that moving /Users//Preferences/com.gerver.squarelinestudio.plist out of the way makes it possible to restart SquareLine_Studio

I suspice ‘gerver’ stands for ‘german version’ so you might try ’ ls *squarelinestudio.plist’

you loose stored login information and the list of projects but at least the damn thing comes up

1 Like

after a cursory check it seems 1.3.3 resolved my issues so far

thanks!

Michael

I’m facing a similar issue on windows.
using both 1.3.3 and continued to persists after upgrading to 1.3.4
This Project was perfectly fine the last time I worked on it (12/19) and today It wont load. Iits an important project and I need a timely resolution.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Log
PlayerLOg.txt (1.6 MB)
Operating System
Windows
SLS Verson
V1.3.3 and V1.3.4

As on screen names you use spaces = nonsense in prog languages. Nobody helps wihout project files.

Discussion continued here: How Do I fix This?