Squareline Studio Lifetime License

I wanted to get clarification on the lifetime business license. It states that “With the Lifetime license SquareLine Studio can be used for unlimited time with the updated software versions released within 1 year from the date of the purchase. Optionally, further years of version upgrades can be purchased to the license annually.”

What exactly does it mean when it is saying “with the updated software versions released within 1 year from the date of the purchase. Optionally, further years of version upgrades can be purchased to the license annually”.

I can use the most updated software version that is available within one year of purchase but any updated version after the year I would have to purchase to the license?

If you buy a life time license today (2023, August 14) you will have access to the new releases until 2024 August 14. After that you can still use SLS with any release before 2024 August 14.

If you need access to the releases later, you can purchase one year of extra “version tracking”, which will grant you access to the new releases until 2025 August 14.

So any releases after 2024 August 14, would be available only through an “annual subscription” through the version tracking and after 2025 August 14 I would have to renew the version tracking to continue to have access to the new releases?

Also how much is it for the annual version tracking?

You can find a detailed description of the Lifetime license here.
The lifetime subscription comes with 1 year of version tracking Extra 1 year of tracking: $990.