STM32F469 Wrong Resolution

What do you want to achieve?

I want to have the same resolution in squareline and the display.
But as shown in the image below, the project looks vertical, but in the display it’s on the horizontal side.

Here is the board config:

{
“version”: “v1.0.0”,
“group”: “ST”,
“title”: “STM32F469 STMCubeIDE project”,
“width”: 480,
“height”: 800,
“width_min”: 480,
“height_min”: 800,
“width_max”: 480,
“height_max”: 800,
“offset_x”: 0,
“offset_y”: 0,
“rotation”: 0,
“color_depth”: “16”,
“lvgl_export_path”: “.”,
“lvgl_include_path”: “lvgl/lvgl.h”,
“language”: “C”,
“supported_lvgl_version”: “8.3.*”,
“pattern_match_files”: “./lv_conf.h, ./main.c, ./.cproject, ./.project”,
“ui_export_path”: “./ui”,
“flat_export”: false,
“url”: “GitHub - lvgl/lv_port_stm32f469_disco: LVGL ported to STM32F469 Discovery using SWSTM32 (Ac6) IDE”,
“short_description”: “CubeIDE project for STM32F469 (480x800, 16 bit, 280 MHz)”,
“long_description”: “The STM32H7B3I-DK Discovery kit is a complete demonstration and development platform for STMicroelectronics Arm® Cortex®-M7 core-based STM32H7B3LIH6QU microcontroller. The full range of hardware features available on the board helps users enhance their application development by an evaluation of almost all peripherals (such as USB OTG_HS, microSD, USART, FDCAN, audio DAC stereo with audio jack input and output, camera, SDRAM, Octo-SPI Flash memory and RGB interface LCD with capacitive touch panel). ARDUINO® Uno V3 connectors provide easy connection to extension shields or daughterboards for specific applications.”,
“repository”: “GitHub - SquareLineStudio/board_stm32h7b3i at v1.0.0”,
“custom_params”: []
}

What have you tried so far?

Screenshot or video

You should make the design in SquareLine Studio that the orientation looks fine (landscape I guess), then if the display requires rotation, that should be set afterwards in the exported code or configuration before build, or right in the custom board-template file’s main.c HAL-init. (In short, rotation depends on the display driver’s defaults/settings/capabilities.)

@Hermit Could you help me with a hint to set the rotation orientation before runtime?

I tried to set using https://docs.lvgl.io/8.3/porting/display.html#rotation but didn’t work well…

It’s best if you can set the driver directly for the correct rotation and leave LVGL rotation at 0, if possible. I don’t have a tip for this particular board but the documentation says the rotation can be set (and is set automatically) by a wizard: Getting started with STM MCUs: STM32F469 Discovery
Probably setting the rotation to a fixed value (landscape) will be the solution for you.