Undo Function, Events & Widgets Operation

What do you want to achieve?

I’ve been using SLS for a period of time, it is extremely convenient for complex UI design, however, there still exists lots of problems that can be solved or improved.

• Undo Function
    Indeed you can use Ctrl-Z to undo your false operation, however, the “Undo” is too “coarse”, for instance, you did correct step a, correct step b, wrong step c, if you press Ctrl-Z, it will undo step a ~ step c.

• Widgets Slow Operation
    It is very slow to click or copy a widget within the “Hierachy” navigation area, especially when the widget contains different styles or is related to multiple events.

• Slow Event Operation
    If a widget can trigger many events, and if you want to edit it, it is extremely slow to add a new event.

• Widgets Filter with Multiple Selection During Event Operation
    I have designed a UI with multiple buttons and corresponding UI panels, for instance, if you click Button A, panel A will pop out, if you click Button B, panel B will pop out… etc. All buttons and corrsponding panels are designed within a single screen.
    When a button is clicked, I have to remove all CHECKED states of other buttons, and add HIDDEN flag to all other panels except the corresponding panel of the pressed button…and I have 10 buttons with 10 panels. Which means each button owns 20 Events to handle states and flags, plus the event operation is very slow. :face_exhaling:

Do you see alternative options and workaround to achieve it?

NONE

Mention some use cases

Multiple buttons (with a animated panel to contain) and corresponding UI panels within a small screen.

Bump… I don’t believe other users don’t have these problems…

Thank you for the feedback!

We are continuously working on improving the undo function, as it is a very sensitive part of the software. In the next version, there will be further optimizations regarding this. Testing the functionality of the undo feature is quite complex because it involves examining numerous cases.

Regarding the slowdown issue, we have made significant improvements in version 1.3.1 of the software, and you should no longer experience the problems you mentioned. It is expected to be available within approximately two weeks.

The ability to select multiple widgets has been on our roadmap for a while, and we will definitely provide a solution for it in the future. Currently, we are focusing on essential enhancements and addressing issues like the ones you described.

1 Like
  • Undo Function
    Indeed you can use Ctrl-Z to undo your false operation, however, the “Undo” is too “coarse”, for instance, you did correct step a, correct step b, wrong step c, if you press Ctrl-Z, it will undo step a ~ step c.

I can confirm this issue too on my side. The undo feature is barely usable. I wasted a lot of my time due to this feature.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, can’t wait to experience v1.3.1.

Now I press Ctrl-S all the time and avoid using Ctrl-Z. :joy:

1 Like