When is support ALPHA images planned?

What do you want to achieve?

Use LV_IMG_CF_ALPHA_1/2/4/8BIT Only stores the Alpha value on 1, 2, 4 or 8 bits.

Do you see alternative options and workaround to achieve it?

Now i can place true color and manualy replace generte dc file

Mention some use cases

many

To realize it we need a new image asset editor, but unfortunately it can’t fit into the next release. I will check if we can add it to the one after that.

I mean isnt editor issue. Only need file format define , that will be converted to ALPHA. Converter need detect it. Maybe works now if actual converter have somethink prebuild?

Maybe show me part of Squareline image exporter code and i add some lines to detect alpha only images and export it right.

SLS now support only PNG and unless I miss something PNG doesn’t support alpha only. Could you send an example alpha only PNG image?

aonly01
One example count used colors return 1 and filled is only alpha channel.
This ofcourse require analyze full image before export, i write about simple method for example name file A8imagename A4imagename … and your export to c do it.

I’ve checked the PNG header here: PNG Header

It says it’s a has palette color type and not Alpha only. With palette the image can have any number of colors.

Aghhh kisve Alpha only dont exist, you need detect it by check all pixels RGB is same and ALPHA not. Then i write simpler is i user name file A8blahblah and you converter convert it into A8 only.