WT32-SC01 - Compiled but only displaying lines across screen - Possible issue with TFT_eSPI

User_Setups/Setup201_WT32_SC01.h used to set definitions for SC01 board. Both in ui.ino and in squareline project settings, width is defined as 480 and height is defined as 320. Yet it appears to be redefining on compilation (see error below). Upload succeeds, but display ony shows lines across the screen (see photo). I can only assume the error and change of width and height to be the issue, short of faulty hardware. Anyone have similar issues?

Adidtional info - 8 bit depth, no rotation or offsets. LVGL 8.3.11

{
In file included from d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/User_Setup_Select.h:171,
from d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/TFT_eSPI.h:43,
from D:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\ui\ui.ino:2:
d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/TFT_Drivers/ST7796_Defines.h:3: warning: “TFT_WIDTH” redefined
#define TFT_WIDTH 320

In file included from d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/User_Setup_Select.h:107,
d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/User_Setups/Setup201_WT32_SC01.h:15: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define TFT_WIDTH 480

In file included from d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/User_Setup_Select.h:171,
d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/TFT_Drivers/ST7796_Defines.h:4: warning: “TFT_HEIGHT” redefined
#define TFT_HEIGHT 480

In file included from d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/User_Setup_Select.h:107,
d:\Desktop\SQLN 4\SquareLine_Project\libraries\TFT_eSPI/User_Setups/Setup201_WT32_SC01.h:16: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define TFT_HEIGHT 320
}

1 Like

Maybe the 8bit colour-depth is the problem. If you set it in LVGL I guess it should be configured on the hardware too. Albeit the panel’s datasheet doesn’t seem to have the info, from some googling it seems to be 16bit-color capable display (by default). Here’s a possibly useful link with both ESP-IDF and Arduino-IDE examples: ESP-IDF & Arduino samples for WT32-SC01 using LVGL8 + LOVYANGFX - ESP32 Forum

(Responding to old thread) Setup201_WT32_SC01.h was selected in the user setups config file. Pinout and config verified using TFT_Meters example file in the TFT_eSPI library examples and works exactly as expected. I will probably play around with all the core libs and see if I can get each of them working independently.

16 bit was tested before trial license expired but didnt change the issue. Will update further when I get a license… Planning to test 16 bit swap as well