Animation - question

Hello,

I want to use simple zoom animation with PNG file, but when I want set event to play this animation, I get following information bubble. What does that mean? I looked at docs, but there is no information about it.

It is interesting that, if I setup this animation and I try it, it does work how I want it, but player just increase the size of the image.

Here is little demo:

sls_zoom_anim

Many thanks for clarification.

Hi,

It’s because when you add Play animation action the first widget will be selected automatically as target widget. It can happen that it’s not an image widget. If you select an image related animation SLS warns you that it can’t be applied to the selected widget.

We will quickly fix it by selecting “None” widget by default.

Ok, thank you. Will fix make it to SLS 1.2 please or is there any warkaround?

Yes, it’ll be fixed in v1.2

1 Like

This did not make it in to the 1.2.0 release, am I right? I tested my project with 1.2.0 and problem still persist.

Hi,

What we have fixed is that when you add a play animation event there is no selected target object by default. Therefore the error message won’t be shown by default, but only if you select a non-image target for an image animation.

Oh, I see.

Could you please advise me, how to make button in player behave same way as when I play animation. I though that, if I setup action and I play animation setup like this with some object, object will increase and decrease its size as in animation.

Many thanks for your help!

@kisvegabor sorry to bother you, but do you have any suggestion? thanks

Sorry @dronecz, somehow I missed your comment. thanks for pinging me.

I don’t really understand what you would like to achieve. Would like to zoom a button widget instead of an Image widget?

That is OK, I understand that you are busy :wink: .

Please look at my GIFs at the top. I thought that if I assign animation to image, it will behave same as in animation preview, but in my case if I assign animation, picture will just increase its size.
Basically I want to click the picture, this one will increase its size and after that decrease it in similar way as animation does.

@kisvegabor Pls can you tel me if is possible to make similar action as in animation design? Thanks

I think I got it. So let’s say increase (zoom) to 120% on click, and back to 100% after e.g. 300ms? If so, please check out this project.

SquareLine_Project.zip (3.6 KB)

Thanks @kisvegabor , but could you pls check your uploaded file? I can see some asset in the project, but no widget or animation. Thank you

Sorry, it seems I messed up something when I zipped the project. It should work.
anim_demo.zip (6.9 KB)

@kisvegabor thank you very much, that is exactly what I want. My only mistake was, that I thought that I can decrease widget size in one animation.

I have one last question: what units are in start/end value fields? Is it byte (0-255) or something else? I newer know what I should put in fields in SLS and there is not much information in docs either.

256 means no zoom, 512 double zoom, 2560 ten times zoom, 128 half zoom, etc.

It’s “inherited” from LVGL but I agree that it’s not that intuitive. Probably we will change it to % in the future.

It just came to my mind it’s really possible to do in one animation.
See
anim_demo.zip (11.5 KB)

1 Like