Any plans for Squareline Studio to use M5Stack devices?

I am considering looking into the M5stack devices, specifically the M5Stack Core2 ESP32 device and am curious if you are considering adding these boards to the config?

I might take a look at adding some in the same way I added the LiluyGo T-Display in the Arduino section but would be keen to know if SLS already supports these devices. I guess it does as they are ESP32S3 boards and can be used in the same manner as any other ESP32 board.

Just thinking out loud here folks… :slight_smile:

Thoughts @kisvegabor ?

Similarly to LilyGo it’d be really great to have support for this boards. I’ll try to find the MD5stack guys on Embedded World too. :slight_smile:

I have decided to buy an M5Stack Core2 board and see how it goes. Just love to play with these devices, and hopefully I will find a way to get it to work with Squareline Studio. I’m sure I’ll have loads of questions to ask in the same manner as I have on my journey with LilyGo :slight_smile:

Enjoy the conference.

1 Like

@themusicman - Any luck with using Squareline Studio to create graphics for M5Stack Core2 device? I have a M5Stack Core2 device that I would like to create a nice GUI for leveraging MicroPython.
Thanks!

see M5Stack Core2 device and Squareline Studio - #2 by haberlerm

if you could look over my example below and review it, I’m happy to try to create proper OBP packages

since I have the full bestiary of M5Stack platforms here I can test any improvements

however, as far as the latest model - M5Stack CoreS3 - goes, things are still rather shaky on the software front

confusingly there are two libraries for platform support in parallel, done by different people - M5Unified and M5CoreS3 - with wildly diverging feature sets

so I guess it will be a while until this shakes out

Michael

Thanks Michael for the your input regarding this topic! Since M5Core2 has been out for a while, do you believe support for UI development is very mature? Or does it have a long way to go?
-Ken

support by whom, M5Stack? Espressif?

since all the M5Stack libraries are open sourcce, you can help yourself if needed - even if support by M5Stack is so-so

the author of M5Unified and M5GFX is quite responsive, but then just an external consultant

The Core2 is kindof obsolete, and the CoreS3 is - well, new

the M5StackCoreS3 library is still in its infancy, and incomplete

but using M5Unified works on both platforms

note the underlying espressif + Arduino platform components have - I am trying to find kind words here - room for improval

while the ESP32S3 has USB JTAG and serial, I - and many others - still have to find a working combination of toolchain, gdb, openocd, platformio support, Arduino and esp-idf versions which actually works reliably - some would say it’s a complete joke

a tell is this repo GitHub - espressif/esp-idf: Espressif IoT Development Framework. Official development framework for Espressif SoCs. :

open issues: 1400+ - oldest from 2016
pending Pull Requestst: 124 - the oldest from 2017

If you are willing to endulge in fighting the platform, espressif is a good choice

• Michael