Fix The Pointless and Dangerous 'Undo'

Today working in SLS I hit the ‘undo’ button and the work of several hours was lost, including several screens. I could not recover it because Autosave immediately kicked in.

What is the purpose of this back/undo button? it does not step back to the last action, it seems random or difficult to predict. With autosave on, it is really dangerous to use it.

Please fix this problem or make it a useful feature. This is infuriating, and for paid business software, it is reasonable to expect more.

Others

• SquareLine Studio version: 1.3.0
  • Operating system: macOS 13.2.1
  • Target hardware: NXP
1 Like

In your project folder, there is an ‘autosave’ folder that keeps your last 10 autosaves. Depending on your autosave period, you will recover most of the work lost. Just open the archive and overwrite your current project with the one in autosave.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. Several people wrote that undo does not work properly. We are working on the problem and will fix it as soon as possible.

For me the issue starts after the first undo. Then the Squareline Studio stops recording any further changes. Therefore since the first unde every additional Ctrl+Z just undoes from the originally recorded history, essentially forgetting every change between the first undo and the next one.

Version: 1.3.2

Why on earth, does this still not work???

Also I can’t even get the autosave feature to work. the only thing in Autosave is zip files, I unzip them and then move the .spj to and replace the file in my main director but no matter what I do it only opens my project back from the last save point hours before I pressed the STUPID undo button. This is unacceptable for paid software to have a bit of core functionality Fail in such a spectacular way.

The undo engine will be priorized and fully improved very soon according to my current understanding. You can set the auto-save interval to as small as 5 minutes in the preferences for now…