How do I create a project for a custom STM32 board?

I have a custom PCB with a STM32H7A3ZIT6Q MCU, and a 1024x600px 16 bit display. I would like to create a project for this in squareline studio.

I already got LVGL working on the board, and tested it. I also was able to create a squareline studio project by selecting the only ST option in the list, and then manually changing the resolution to match mine.

Unfortunately, once I’ve created the project, I can no longer change the any project settings. If I try to do so, the resolution reverts back to 480x272. I understand that’s a limitation of the board I have selected as the target, but I don’t see any custom target option in the dropdowns.

Once I create the GUI in squareline studio, I would like to import it into STM32CubeIDE.

Screenshot or video

Others

• SquareLine Studio version:
  • Operating system:
    Windows 10
  • Target hardware:
    STM32H7A3ZIT6Q

If you need more information about how to create a custom board file, this video might help you (made exactly for STM32):

To have the wished 1024x600 resolution you need to increase the maximum resolution accordingly in the board-template’s .slb file by editing ‘width_max’ and ‘height_max’ settings.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!