How to rotate a widget?

Probably a stupid question. But how can I rotate a widget (label, text, etcetera…) in SLS? I was not able to find an option for this. Have I missed it?

I don’t think this is possible (yet).

You can use a premade image for the text, and rotate the image using lv_img_set_angle

Another option is to create a sprite using Bodmer’s TFT_eSPI.h function library. This library is included by default in the ui.ino when you export SLS UI files. Check the Rotated_Sprite_X examples for more information on how to do this.

Thank you for the reply Hans! I haven’t seen this before, but someone asked a similar question: Rotate label via code
Is it maybe planed to add the transformation options from LVGL 8.3 to SLS soon? In this case: lv_obj_set_style_transform_angle(…,…,…)

I don’t know. I’m not an SLS dev :grinning:
You could try the ‘Feature request’ forum.

1 Like

We haven’t planned it, but it’s simple to add LVGL’s widget rotation support. I’ll discuss it with my colleagues.

1 Like

Any progress on this? I really would like to rotate a slider, it seems quite odd to me that such basic functionality is not implemented in an application such as Squareline Studio.

Is there any change the implementation of rotation of widgets can get some priority?

Adding this might be problematic in some case due to intensive memory usage. Still thinking about it.

@hobbybob You can rotate the slider by 90 degrees if you set the slider’s height more to width, i hope, this help.

That does the trick! Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Can you rotate the Bar?

Yes, you rotate bar the same way as a slider: exchange its width and height values.