Lvgl.h #include path for exported ui.h

What do you want to achieve?

Arduino integration without modification of the include path in ui.h for each update.

Do you see alternative options and workaround to achieve it?

Please add path option in project settings for #include “lvgl.h” in ui.h

Mention some use cases

It should work with the default values in Arduino IDE. Which include path was working for you? And do you use the Arduino IDE?

Hi kisvegabor, yes I use Arduino IDE but always install in portable mode which is why (I believe) the pattern:

#ifdef LV_LVGL_H_INCLUDE_SIMPLE
#include “lvgl.h”
#else
#include “lvgl/lvgl.h”
#endif

…is not working for me. I have to edit all relevant exported SLS files to correctly include lvgl.h. A simple code injection of user defined directives would really help in this case. And while I’m here, code injection for the event ‘call function’ would be great too as then each iteration of the exported UI files would require no re-entering of the function user code where it may be overwritten. Thanks.

Hi again. I can confirm that adding -DLV_LVGL_H_INCLUDE_SIMPLE to ‘build.extra_flags.esp32s3=’ in platform.txt solved the issue for me and that it was indeed my choice of a portable Arduino IDE installation that was the root of the problem.

Glad to hear that you found a solution. I agree that we should have an “lvgl include path” setting in the Project settings.