Move Widgets using cursor keys

What do you want to achieve?

It would help greatly in aligning widgets on the screen if you could select one (or multiple) widgets then moving them a pixel for each cursor key press.

Do you see alternative options and workaround to achieve it?

At the moment you just have to use the mouse and it is often quite unresponsive making careful alignment very difficult.
As another user has suggested, SLS really also needs align options such as align left, align right, align top, align button and align centre.

Mention some use cases

Hi,

It’s planned for 1.0.5 (1.0.4 will be the next so it will come little bit later)

There is an Align option in the Inspector panel. Or did you mean something else?

No, not the Align in the inspector panel, I mean the ability to select several widgets and then choose to align top, align bottom, align centre etc.

Something like that.

Andy

I see, I think it needs to handled via the current ALIGN feature. E.g. if you change ALIGN the x/y coordinates needs to be zeros out, which result in an actual alignment.

I guess what you would do is set the ALIGN to top left for all selected widgets then adjust each widget X and Y to align them relative to each other?

Andy

Sorry, I have confused this thread by posting the align icons - but the post was about using the cursor keys to move widgets - the alignment icons is a different topic :frowning:

Can you not leave the alignment as it is set and then just add 1 or subtract 1 from X or Y depending on which key was pressed?

Andy

It’s planned for 1.0.5 :slight_smile: