What do you want to achieve?
Few widgets in LVGL are not in squareLine tool, like
LED, Line, List, Menu, Meter, Message box, Span, Spinbox, Table.
- How can we use they above widgets (especially menu) in Square Line studio trial version?
- How to use below options for the Menu navigation?
Source : Guidance for Menu Navigation (Forward & backward)
* create all pages, hide all pages, and unhide the current in Square Line studio
* create all pages on a new screen in Square Line studio
- Do we have any features disabled in the SquareLine Studio 1.2.0 trail version
- Why missing of some core widgets and no extra widgets in the SquareLine Studio 1.2.0 trail version
What have you tried so far?
Understanding Menu widget in the LVGL documentation.
Identifying options for Menu widget in Square Line studio tool documentation.
- SquareLine Studio version: 1.2.0 trail version
- Operating system: ESP-IDF - FreeRTOS
- Target hardware: ESP32S3
- **LVGL version: 8.3.2 **
It’s concerning your question has not been answered by the person trying to sell this software for $200-$2,304 a year when it only has a half of the widgets the lvgl library has. Just to make a list object I have to create a roller then go into the ui.c file and erase the roller functions and replace them with list functions every time I change something in the designer tool making it not an “efficient designer tool”. I think this is too early to charge these kind of prices without having all the features. The 50 widget limit is reasonable for free personal use until you use flex grid and then your widgets limit get used up right away. I’m just very frustrated I spent a month with the free trial thinking with the paid version I was going to get the rest of the widgets like the screenshots show on the squareline website considering the price.
I’m sorry for the late reply. Somehow I haven’t noticed this topic.
Some widgets are still really missing from SLS because they require special handling. We are adding these gradually.
Speaking about the menu widget, I consider it a quite special and complex one (i.e. not too generic) and I think it’d be hard to use in UIs. Ideally it should be possible to easily create such a widget in SLS from scartch using layouts, events and components.
If you would like to extend the functionality of the UI you can do anything after calling
ui_init(). So if you need to add some extra features for the roller (which are not supported in SLS) you can just do something like: