Loading screens from SD card

What do you want to achieve?

To load screens from SD-Card instead of internally, as these screens should be exchangeable for different use scenarios of the app.

What have you tried so far?

Checked to docs and the forum but did not find any satisfying solution, except of a little confusing topic here:

Screenshot or video

Others

• SquareLine Studio version: 1.3.2.
  • Operating system: WIN 11
  • Target hardware: ESP32

Thanks for the feedback. In the next release it will be possible to load Images from SD-card. We’ll consider implementing it for other objects too.

1 Like

Hello Hermit,

I think you’ve got me wrong. I do not want to load images from SD-Card during development, I would like to load screens from SD Card during runtime.

No, I knew you’d want screens to be loaded. But in the next version the images will be loadable. There was a similar question asked here at the forum btw.: Option to design standalone UI elements that can be easily added to an existing UI
There the dynamic loading was not asked, just porting screens between projects, loading screens is another level of screen/object portability. Screens are objects too, so if image objects are loadable, maybe the possibility of loadable screens are not too far way. The support/possibilities in LVGL should be checked for that. To be honest it poses a lot of questions, as a screen is much more complex than an image and its content needs to be referenced through a messaging/ABI-like mechanism.

1 Like

Many thanks for your swift reply, this indeed would be a very important improvement. Do you have an estimate when it might become published?

Great news, @Hermit
Thanks a lot for your helpful approach.
This is off-topic but forgive me I would like to mention on this occasion; I believe many of us including myself would be happy if you provide more support to RP2040 - RPiPico SDK applications.

Already in the pipe, stay tuned…